Bloomfield Hills, MI – So you’ve decided it’s time: you’re going to have plastic surgery. Be it for reconstruction, augmentation, or a confidence boost, you want to make sure the procedure is done perfectly. But how do you know you’ll be happy with the results?
Dr. Ali of Amae Plastic Surgery Center in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan, explains, “When you’re searching for the right surgeon for you, it can be overwhelming. Luckily, you as the patient ultimately have the final say in who helps you attain your desired results. Don’t be afraid to ask questions, and make sure you have each one answered to your full satisfaction.”
Part of Dr. Ali’s professional philosophy is dedicated to patients’ education. “I want to be sure that each patient understands exactly what his or her procedure entails. I approach each case as a unique set of circumstances, and always strive for the best possible outcome.” In addition to Dr. Ali’s advice, read on to find a few more points to help you enjoy the best experience possible.
How to Ensure You’ll Be Happy with Your Plastic Surgery Results
- Board Certification. First and foremost, make sure your doctor is board-certified; not all plastic surgeons are. Board-certified surgeons complete rigorous training and participate in ongoing education. If you really want to do your homework, you can even verify your doctor’s certification.
- Experience. Be sure your doctor has his or her own before and after photos. Ask for testimonials from former patients. Is the surgeon an expert in the procedure(s) you’re having done?
- Records and reviews. With the marvels of the internet, you can now read reviews of your doctor, find the office’s hours and location, and look for any records filed by state medical boards.
- Anesthesia, if applicable. If your procedure requires anesthesia, where will it be performed? Who will administer the anesthesia? Make sure the anesthesiologists are board-certified, and that you will be in a facility with proper monitoring devices and emergency equipment.
- Hospital admitting privileges. Should you need to go to a hospital for your plastic surgery, make sure your surgeon is able to admit you into an accredited hospital. You can always call the hospital to check if you’re unsure. Otherwise, be sure that your doctor’s in-office operating suite is accredited properly. You can check the American Association for Accreditation for Ambulatory Surgery Facilities (AAAASF) for more details.
- Information. Be certain your surgeon completely answers all questions. You might ask questions proposed by the American Board of Cosmetic Surgery. Examples include: “What did your training for this procedure entail?” or “How many times have you performed this surgery?”
- Customer service. Bedside manner matters, and so does your experience with every member of the surgeon’s office. Make sure you’re treated respectfully and professionally. You should feel comfortable with the surgeon, and trust is essential.
- Know the difference. Cosmetic surgery is a branch of plastic surgery, so knowing what kind of procedure you want can help you decide what kind of surgeon you want. Plastic surgery focuses on fixing defects to restore or enhance function and appearance. Examples are breast reconstruction, cleft palate repair, and scar revision surgery. Cosmetic surgery, on the other hand, aims solely to enhance overall appearance (and not function). Examples include chemical peels, microdermabrasion, and Botox injections.
- Cost. Is your procedure all-inclusive, taxes and all? Does it include post-op care? What is the cost for additional surgeries, if needed? The American Board of Cosmetic Surgery’s pricing calculator can help you understand what prices to expect.
- Expectations. What are you expecting from your plastic surgery procedure? Dr. Ali ensures that all patients have realistic expectations by discussing all possibilities during the initial consultation. While the acclaimed surgeon does do his best to manage expectations, he still strives to provide all his patients with true life changing results.
To learn more about all the plastic surgery options available and to ensure you have the best experience possible, contact Dr. Ali today to schedule an appointment.
© 2017 Millionairium and Dr. Ali. Authorization to post is granted, with the stipulation that Millionairium and Dr. Ali are credited as sole source. Linking to other sites from this document is strictly prohibited, with the exception of herein imbedded links.