Bloomfield Hills, MI – As you’ve aged, you’ve probably noticed that your face has lost some of its fullness and volume. As that happens, you also lose skin laxity, resulting in the appearance of folds and jowls in your skin.
As the fat in our faces atrophies over the years, it results in wrinkles and folds that can make us look much older than we actually are. But the good news is, you don’t have to undergo an extensive plastic surgery procedure to gain back your youthful look. You can achieve a full, younger looking face with what is known as a liquid facelift.
Dr. Ali, a Michigan plastic surgeon, uses FDA approved facial fillers to correct the areas of the face affected by natural aging. This non-surgical facelift is a great alternative to a traditional facelift, but perhaps the best part is there is little to no recovery time.
Facial fillers work to lift, smooth, re-contour and add fullness back to the face. It is important to note that a liquid facelift, while effective, cannot correct major signs of aging, such as sagging eyelids and heavy jowls. A liquid facelift is appropriate for those with moderate signs of aging.
Aging naturally results in the loss of collagen and elastin, which creates sagging features. Injecting fillers, such as Juvederm, Radiesse or Restylane, can lift and contour the features to reduce wrinkles and folds, restore a face to a more youthful fullness, and provide a more rested look.
Depending on your needs, your surgeon may use fillers to lift the entire face, or to lift and contour specific features. Your surgeon can mask bags under your eyes or can open up your eyes by lifting your eyelids. Flattened cheeks can be filled out, and even bumps on your nose can be hidden.
Dr. Ali will use the type of facial filler that can best meet your goals.
- Collagen is a natural protein that supports the skin, and injectable collagen is available in different formulas. Results from these can last for two to four months.
- Hyaluronic acid is naturally found in the body and is an ideal injectable for filling facial creases, and some surface wrinkles. Juvederm and Restylane are this form of injectable, which can last six months or longer.
- Hydroxylapatite is naturally found in bones and is the heaviest of the facial fillers. It is best for deeper creases and frown lines, and can be used to enhance the cheeks to provide a fuller looking result.
- Human fat can also be harvested from your body and re-injected. Because it uses liposuction to extract the fat, it is a more extensive procedure than other filler options.
- PMMA are a mix of microspheres suspended in purified collagen, and is recommended to improve the look of smile lines.
- Sculptra is a synthetic biocompatible material that can improve skin thickness and reduce the appearance of folds. Results from using Sculptra can last up to two years.
Tenderness and redness may be present at the injection sites following a liquid facelift. Very rarely, a patient may experience negative side effects, such as an allergic reaction or infection.
Results are immediate, however, they are not permanent. To maintain the new appearance, patients will need to have touch-ups with Dr. Ali periodically.
If you’re ready to once again face the world with a more youthful look, schedule a consultation with Dr. Ali today to see what a liquid facelift can do for you.
© 2015 Millionairium and Dr. Ali. Authorization to post is granted, with the stipulation that Millionairium and Dr. Ali are credited as sole source. Linking to other sites from this document is strictly prohibited, with the exception of herein imbedded links.