How to Choose Your Breast Implant Size –
This month, to celebrate the relaxing of social distancing, Dr. Ali is offering special discounts on both silicone and saline breast implants! All thats left for you to do is choose the shape, size and implant material! In this article board certified Detroit area plastic surgeon Dr. Ali offer information and tips for choosing the breast implant size that’s best for you.
When it comes to breast augmentation, there’s no such thing as one-size-fits-all breast implants. Depending on a variety of factors including heredity, pregnancies, your body shape and natural contours, breast implants must be individually chosen to match each woman and meet her appearance goals.
“Choosing your implant size is a very personal decision,” says board-certified Detroit area plastic surgeon, Dr. Ali. “It is important to first identify your perfect outcome, and then communicate it to your surgeon the best you can.”
In addition to the size of breast implant that will look best on your body and achieve your appearance goals, the profile, or projection (height of the top of the breast implant from your chest) must be chosen.
Don’t Obsess Over Breast Implant Cup Size
“Too many times, patients worry more about cup size and less about the way their new breasts will look and feel,” explains Dr. Ali. “Since cup sizes vary wildly among undergarment manufacturers, they aren’t a good guideline when deciding what size breast implants to get.”
Additionally, a “D cup” may look huge on a woman with a petite bone structure, but may not look big enough on a taller woman with a broader chest area.
Instead, you should focus on of the overall look you want. Some people try “the rice test.” This fast and simple method lets you see what you may look like with different-size implants.
Breast Implant Rice Test
Th “rice test” can give you a rough idea of what breast implants will look and feel like.
- Cut off the feet from pantyhose and discard
- The new ends will become the mock “breasts,” so be sure that the remaining shortened stocking, when worn around the neck, is the right length so each end reaches to your ideal breast height.
- Tie the end of each foot.
- Add dry, long-grain rice to each end of the stockings.
- Wear the stockings around your neck.
- Experiment with different types of clothing (loose, tight, and so forth).
- Ad or remove rice and adjust the shape to get the size you like.
A basic guideline for how much rice to add is as follows:
- 30 cubic centimeters (cc) breast implant = 1/8 cup of rice;
- 60 cubic centimeters (cc) breast implant = ¼ cup;
- 120 cubic centimeters (cc) breast implant= ½ cup;
- 175 cubic centimeters (cc) breast implant= ¾ cup;
- 225 cubic centimeters (cc) breast implant = 1 cup;
Breast implants increase in increments of by 25 cc. When you visit Doctor Ali he will typically place a 100 cc breast implant in your bra, then 125 cc and possibly 150 cc to help you decide which implant helps you to achieve the exact look that you desire.
Consider These Breast Implant Factors
Your own unique body should determine what size implants you get. Take into consideration the following:
- Existing breast tissue: Have you always naturally had small breasts due to heredity or exercise? If so, you’ll want a different size implant than a mother whose breasts have lost volume after pregnancy.
- Skin elasticity or tightness: Are you prone to stretch marks? Is your skin naturally resilient? The type of skin you have should also be part of your decision-making process, as breast augmentation will cause skin to stretch.
- Weight: Have you had significant changes in your weight? Whether due to lifestyle, genetics, disease, pregnancy, or any other cause, weight fluctuations can affect how your body will look with the new implants.
- Desired outcome: Do you want larger breasts, or are you looking to balance out an issue with asymmetry? Do you want lift and volume, or is one more important to you than the other? These are items to discuss with your breast implant surgeon.
- Lifestyle: Are you an avid runner or weight lifter? The amount and type of exercise you get will impact how your body will look after your surgery.
- Your Natural Anatomy: Each woman has her own natural anatomy and contours, developed over time. Therefore, you may decide an overall shape is ideal for you, where a curvier or thinner friend may have a different idea.
If you stray too much from your body frame, you may end up with an unnatural look or one that causes back strain down the line.
At your consultation, Dr. Ali will take careful measurements to determine your exact chest wall size, as well as examine your breast tissue, skin condition and muscle tone. Since virtually all women have some degree of asymmetry with their breasts, each breast will be evaluated individually to achieve a symetrical and beautiful outcome.
Your breast implant surgeon may also recommend that an additional procedure, such as a breast lift, may be appropriate to get optimal, symmetrical results.
Top Detroit Area Breast Implant Doctor
As you can see there are many decisions to be made when selecting the best breast implant that is right for you. The only way to truly understand your options is to schedule a consultation with a top Detroit area breast surgeon like Doctor Ali. If you are considering breast implant surgery, he will be happy to offer you a consultation to help you decide the right size, shape, incision, placement and type of implant for you.
Feel beautiful inside and out, with breast implant surgery. And remember, financing options are also available.