Give Your Breasts a Lift This Spring
Bloomfield Hills, MI – Spring is the season for rebirth, renewal, and rejuvenation. As flowers bloom and trees regain the leaves lost in winter, so too can you add a bit of revitalization to your figure.
We all fall victim to gravity over time. Whether from pregnancy, genetics, or other causes, the effects on breast tissue can be less than desirable. You might notice gravity causing inevitable sagging and loss of definition.
However, one of the most popular procedures in breast surgery is none other than the breast lift. Whether done as a procedure in its own right or as part of a mommy makeover, a breast lift can help give you the body you’ve been longing for. If you want to have a perkier, firmer bust, this might just be the right option for you!
What Does a Breast Lift Entail?
This procedure, undergone by an ever-increasing number of women, involves a few steps:
- Incisions: Depending on the degree to which breast tissue will be lifted, incisions can be made around the areola or nipple, under the breast fold, vertically from the nipple to the fold, or any combination of these methods.
- Excision of tissue: Again, as each woman is different, so too is the amount of tissue removed. Whatever the case, excess skin tissue will be taken away, allowing the breasts to regain their firmness. If necessary, your surgeon may also remove some breast tissue to increase perkiness.
- Nipple modification: To create an aesthetic appearance, nipples and areola may be resized, repositioned, or both. This allows the entire breast’s appearance to be entirely enhanced.
- Sutures: Sutures, placed underneath the skin, help the body adapt to and support the newly shaped breast tissue.
- Implants: For optimal results, implants are sometimes necessary in addition to the breast lift. This allows for the supple fullness that keep the breasts looking young, firm, and healthy.
Tips for Your Breast Lift
- Research your doctor. A good plastic surgeon will have before and after photos of work he or she has done and will be happy to share the prior results.
- Research the procedure. Being an educated patient and knowing exactly what you do –and don’t—want can help you explain the precise outcome you want to your doctor.
- Expect some downtime. Depending on the degree of droopiness and amount of breast tissue added and/or augmented, recovery can take a few weeks or longer.
- Be as healthy as possible before the surgery. Eat well, drink plenty of water, and be sure to get as much sleep as you can. If you’re a smoker, stop smoking a few weeks before the surgery. This last tip can help you improve your recovery rate and also prevent infection post-surgery.
- Wait until you’re done having children first. For the best breast lift results, it’s advised that you only have the procedure done after having all of your children. This will prevent additional drooping in the future.
- Anticipate some scarring. Generally, the more dramatic the breast lift, the larger the scars will be. While these will diminish in appearance over time, talk to your doctor to see if she or he can prescribe you any creams (such as those containing steroids) to reduce inflammation from the procedure.
- Get ready for some compliments! As a breast lift can greatly enhance your figure, you may notice people trying not to offend you by (delicately) complimenting on your surgery. Hopefully, with your newfound confidence, you’ll be able to take all these compliments with a broad smile on your face!
If you’re deciding what breast enhancement procedures are right for you, schedule a consultation with award-winning Detroit area plastic surgeon Dr. Ali.
To find out more about how to get rid of stretch marks, or to get your own detailed surgical consultation, contact Dr. Ali’s office today!
© 2017 Millionairium and Dr. Ali. Authorization to post is granted, with the stipulation that Millionairium and Dr. Ali are credited as sole source. Linking to other sites from this document is strictly prohibited, with the exception of herein imbedded links.